1. The friend of mine tried very hard to get a ( ).
2. Ms. Clamor has been living in Australia ( ) ten years.
3. Ben and John were so ( ) to go to Okinawa that they couldn’t sleep well last night.
4. Betty couldn’t see what is written on the blackboard because she forgot her ( ).
5. Ken is 14 years old, but he doesn’t know how to behave ( ).
6. I won’t go there ( ) there is something interesting going on.
7. Even though I read the book before, I can’t remember the ( ) part of the story.
8. I am afraid all the rooms in this hotel are ( ) booked.
9. Almost all the oranges in the bag ( ) spoiled badly.
10. Peggy and Tom ( ) that they would get married in three months.
11. The house ( ) we visited last week was Mike’s.
12. This is the house ( ) I lived in ten years ago.
13. This is the place ( ) is located on the corner of Western Avenue and 6th Street.
14. The park ( ) we played soccer at is near my house.
15. Stephen and Mary ( ) looking forward to going fishing this Sunday.
16. I don’t think the map you have is going to be ( ) in the forest.
17. Ken asked how long it ( ) take to get to the destination from the school.
18. Liz speaks Germany ( ) than anyone else in the class.
(A) more fluently
19. The friend of Bobby told us to see the photos of the trip to India, but we haven’t seen them ( ).
20. We are leaving Japan ( ) London in twenty minutes.
21. We went to the hotel near the beach and we had a ( ) time together.
22. When I asked Tom to go to the party the other day, he told me he ( ) too tired to have fun.
23. The patient got hurt so badly that she had to be treated ( ).
24. Tim became ill last week, so his sister ( ) the same illness.
25. You should have received the present when the man ( ) you one.
26. I couldn’t find my cat ( ) the earthquake.
27. I asked Cathy to speak ( ) so that everyone could hear her.
(C) more loudly
28. As soon as everyone ( ) down, the play started.
29. I don’t think next Sunday will be ( ) for me because I have another appointment.
30. ( ) you are with me, you wouldn’t get lost on the way to the hospital.
(A) As long as