1. The friend of mine tried very hard to get a ( ).
(D) to promote
2. Ms. Clamor has been living in Australia ( ) ten years.
3. Ben and John were so ( ) to go to Okinawa that they couldn’t sleep well last night..
4. Betty couldn’t see what is written on the blackboard because she forgot her ( ).
(B) a tie
5. Ken is 14 years old, but he doesn’t know how to behave ( ).
6. I won’t go there ( ) there is something interesting going on.
7. Even though I read the book before, I can’t remember the ( ) part of the story.
8. I am afraid all the rooms in this hotel are ( ) booked.
9. Almost all the oranges in the bag ( ) spoiled badly.
(D) is being
10. Peggy and Tom ( ) that they would get married in three monthes.
11. The house ( ) we visited last week was Mike’s.
12. This is the house ( ) I lived in ten years ago.
13. This is the place ( ) is located on the corner of Western Avenue and 6th Street.
14. The park ( ) we played soccer at is near my house.
15. Stephen and Mary ( ) looking forward to going fishing this Sunday.
16. I don’t think the map you have is going to be ( ) in the forest.
(D) has helped
17. Ken asked how long it ( ) take to get to the destination from the school.
18. Liz speaks Germany ( ) than anyone else in the class.
(A) more fluently
(B) the most fluently
19. The friend of Bobby told us to see the photos of the trip to India, but we haven’t seen them ( ).
20. We are leaving Japan ( ) London in twenty minutes.
21. We went to the hotel near the beach and we had a ( ) time together,
22. When I asked Tom to go to the party the other day, he told me he ( ) too tired to have fun.
(B) will be
23. The patient got hurt so badly that she had to be treated ( ).
24. Tim became ill last week, so his sister ( ) the same illness.
25. You should have received the present when the man ( ) you one.