1. The friend of mine tried very hard to get a ( ).
(D) to promote
2. Ms. Clamor has been living in Australia ( ) ten years.
3. Ben and John were so ( ) to go to Okinawa that they couldn’t sleep well last night..
4. Betty couldn’t see what is written on the blackboard because she forgot her ( ).
(B) a tie
5. Ken is 14 years old, but he doesn’t know how to behave ( ).
6. I won’t go there ( ) there is something interesting going on.
7. Even though I read the book before, I can’t remember the ( ) part of the story.
8. I am afraid all the rooms in this hotel are ( ) booked.
9. Almost all the oranges in the bag ( ) spoiled badly.
(D) is being
10. Peggy and Tom ( ) that they would get married in three monthes.
11. The house ( ) we visited last week was Mike’s.
12. This is the house ( ) I lived in ten years ago.
13. This is the place ( ) is located on the corner of Western Avenue and 6th Street.
14. The park ( ) we played soccer at is near my house.
15. Stephen and Mary ( ) looking forward to going fishing this Sunday.
16. I don’t think the map you have is going to be ( ) in the forest.
(D) has helped